From: gentoo-hardened-ml-01@××××××.org
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] novice question regarding SU and TTY
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 15:12:08
1 Changing the perms on /dev/ttyS0 manually will not persist between reboots.
2 You should change the udev rules in /etc/udev/rules.d/ or add "nut" to the
3 uucp group in /etc/group.
4
5 As for why your su doesn't work, I am not sure. Works for me, my root user is
6 in the wheel group and the user I su to exists.
7