From: "Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] binary protection mechanisms in different Linux distros
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:16:40
1 Hi, I think it's a bad day to make comparisons with hardened gentoo.
2
3 Hardened gentoo traditionally doesn't use only -fstack-protector as
4 ubuntu does and some others, it use -fstack-protector-all in
5 everywhere it could. It's an important difference. I think that the
6 actually ssp bug in the last version isn't representative of what
7 hardened gentoo does (it's a bug, an exception). It has always shipped
8 -fstack-protector-all everywhere.
9
10 2010/7/1 Radoslaw Madej <radegand@××.pl>
11 >
12 > Hi guys,
13 >
14 > I convinced the company I work for to allow me to spend some time on reviewing
15 > different security aspects of Linux OS and different distros. As it also
16 > involves Gentoo Hardened (which I also happily use on a daily basis), I
17 > thought I'd share. :)
18 >
19 > http://labs.mwrinfosecurity.com/projectdetail.php?project=13&view=news
20 >
21 > There should be more to come in a near future. Any feedback appreciated :)
22 >
23 > Thanks to all hardened-dev for making the Hardened Gentoo happen! :)
24 > Regards,
25 > Radek Madej