From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] bonding module auto-loading
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 12:37:59
1 Hi
2
3 > Compiling it as a module is the way the devs recommend doing it.
4
5 Which devs?
6
7 Bond should support full configuration through sysfs for some years now?
8 There is no reason that I'm aware of to need it to be a module?
9
10 > I've
11 > been compiling it into my kernels, but then I'm stuck with what I get,
12 > as you were.
13
14 It *should* be configurable completely via sysfs (and I think this is
15 now the preferred method?). There are some caveats on the order you do
16 things though, eg you need the interface down to change most of the
17 settings?
18
19 > I want the round-robin, what's bothering me is the miimon
20 > which I can't change from 0 which means no mii mon which is not good.
21
22 # cat /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/miimon
23 100
24 # cat /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/mode
25 802.3ad 4
26
27 # cat /sys/class/net/bond1/bonding/mode
28 balance-rr 0
29 # cat /sys/class/net/bond1/bonding/miimon
30 100
31
32 Not sure what values are sensible though?
33
34 Good luck
35
36 Ed W