From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] bonding module auto-loading
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:57:04
1 On 05/20/2011 07:11 AM, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
2 > After a week I think I've sorted out nearly all issues about openrc on my
3 > systems.
4 > Bonding was compiled into the kernel. Upon I tried to echo mode 4
5 > (802.3ad) to set up the lacp, the system said there's no write access to
6 > the mode file. So the bonding interface remained in round-robin mode. That
7 > was disturbing.
8 >
9 > grsec: denied auto-loading kernel module for a network device with
10 > CAP_SYS_MODULE (deprecated). Use CAP_NET_ADMIN and alias netdev-bonding
11 > instead.
12 >
13 > I suspect there was something wrong in the background.
14 > If I take a look at on the error message, I don't know that actually which
15 > process tries to autoload the module. I would check out my policy to
16 > specify CAP_NET_ADMIN also for that binary. For the second part I would be
17 > interested to where I should add netdev-bonding as an alias for openrc or
18 > whatnot?
19 >
20 > I've ended up compiling bonding as a module and the interface is in the
21 > correct mode now after reboot. Loading the module now happens before
22 > locking down the system.
23 >
24 > Regards:
25 > Dw.
26
27 Compiling it as a module is the way the devs recommend doing it. I've
28 been compiling it into my kernels, but then I'm stuck with what I get,
29 as you were. I want the round-robin, what's bothering me is the miimon
30 which I can't change from 0 which means no mii mon which is not good.
34 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
35 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
36 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
37 GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535
38 GnuPG ID : D0455535