From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] bonding module auto-loading
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:13:27
1 After a week I think I've sorted out nearly all issues about openrc on my
2 systems.
3 Bonding was compiled into the kernel. Upon I tried to echo mode 4
4 (802.3ad) to set up the lacp, the system said there's no write access to
5 the mode file. So the bonding interface remained in round-robin mode. That
6 was disturbing.
7
8 grsec: denied auto-loading kernel module for a network device with
9 CAP_SYS_MODULE (deprecated). Use CAP_NET_ADMIN and alias netdev-bonding
10 instead.
11
12 I suspect there was something wrong in the background.
13 If I take a look at on the error message, I don't know that actually which
14 process tries to autoload the module. I would check out my policy to
15 specify CAP_NET_ADMIN also for that binary. For the second part I would be
16 interested to where I should add netdev-bonding as an alias for openrc or
17 whatnot?
18
19 I've ended up compiling bonding as a module and the interface is in the
20 correct mode now after reboot. Loading the module now happens before
21 locking down the system.
22
23 Regards:
24 Dw.
25 --
26 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
27 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057