From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] bonding module auto-loading
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 12:31:36
1 On 20/05/2011 12:11, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
2 > After a week I think I've sorted out nearly all issues about openrc on my
3 > systems.
4 > Bonding was compiled into the kernel. Upon I tried to echo mode 4
5 > (802.3ad) to set up the lacp, the system said there's no write access to
6 > the mode file. So the bonding interface remained in round-robin mode. That
7 > was disturbing.
8
9 I use compiled in bonding module, openrc, hardened and everything is
10 configured correctly at boot using openrc via sysfs?
11
12 My working machine uses 2.6.32 + grsec and openrc 0.6.2. I haven't
13 tested variations to this, but note that previous openrc had issues
14 configuring bonds via sysfs?
15
16 Your error message "no write access", I think is a symptom of wrong
17 ordering of bond creation when using sysfs? Check gentoo bugzilla or
18 openrc bug tracker, there was an open issue against older openrc to fix
19 this (haven't checked it hasn't regressed in later openrc say)
22 My conf.d looks like:
25 # config eth0
26 config_eth0=( "null" )
27 config_eth1=( "null" )
28 config_eth2=( "null" )
29 config_eth3=( "null" )
30
31 # Bonding
32 slaves_bond0="eth0 eth1"
33 mode_bond0="802.3ad"
34 miimon_bond0="100"
35 lacp_rate_bond0="1"
36 config_bond0=( "null" )
37
38 slaves_bond1="eth2 eth3"
39 miimon_bond1="100"
40 mode_bond1="balance-rr"
41 config_bond1=( "192.168.2.10/24" )
44 # config tap0 to bring up bridge
45 tuntap_tap0="tap"
46 config_tap0=( "null" )
47 bridge_add_tap0="br0"
48 rc_need_tap0="net.br0"
49
50 # config tap1 to bring up bridge
51 tuntap_tap1="tap"
52 config_tap1=( "null" )
53 bridge_add_tap1="br0"
54 rc_need_tap1="net.br0"
55
56 # Config bridge to come up with just eth0
57 bridge_br0="bond0"
58 # or dynamically add them when the interface comes up
59 #bridge_add_eth0="br0"
60 config_br0=( "1.2.3.4/24" )
61 routes_br0=( "default via 1.2.3.1" )
62 # Make the bridge depend on bond0
63 rc_need_br0="net.bond0"
64
65 # Below is an example of configuring the bridge
66 brctl_br0=( "stp on" )
71 Does that help?
72
73 Ed W