From: Magnus Granberg <zorry@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Python stops working after upgrade
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 15:46:56
1 torsdag 30 maj 2013 11.13.45 skrev Anthony G. Basile:
2 >
3 > migrate-pax also will copy PT_PAX to XATTR_PAX flags identically with
4 > one exception, if PT_PAX = "-e---" then no user.pax.flags xattr is
5 > created. I am always thinking in terms of either PAX_PT_PAX_FLAGS xor
6 > PAX_XATTR_PAX_FLAGS is on, not both. When both are on, we fall back on
7 > what you describe. So I adopted the approach: don't copy "-e---" to
8 > XATTR_PAX and when you reboot into a PAX_PT_PAX_FLAGS=n and
9 > PAX_XATTR_PAX_FLAGS=y kernel, you'll get the desired behavior.
10 >
11 > A good approach or no?
12 To use xattr pax flags PAX_MARKINGS need to be set to XT in make.conf
13 else will portage default to PT when marking.
14 Python need EMUTRAMP enable in the kernel with newer libffi and python
15 and have the E mark on the binary.
16 /Magnus