From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] 2.6.27-hardened-r8: assassination
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:13:17
1 Hi!
2
3 On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 09:15:36AM +0200, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
4 > two things i'd like you to try:
5 >
6 > 1. 2.6.28.7 and PaX alone
7 > 2. get coredumps and analyze them for the usual things, to see why the segfaults
8 > occured. if that doesn't point to anything, maybe try an strace as well.
9
10 Two questions:
11 1) Is "2.6.28.7 and PaX alone" mean hardened-sources-2.6.28 with
12 everything except PaX switched off, or vanilla-sources-2.6.28.7 manually
13 patched with latests PaX?
14 2) I'm perl programmer, not C. So I need more detailed instructions (list
15 of commands to run) how to "get coredumps and analyze them for the usual
16 things". Probably this info already available somewhere, so url to this
17 doc will be enough.
18
19 As for strace - did that, it helps me detect .so libraries (Ioncube and
20 ZendOptimizer) because of which apache was killed.
23 WBR, Alex.