From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: rumen_yotov@×××.bg
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] arts-1.3.0_grsec2_compile problem
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 18:16:56
1 [snip]
2
3 > VERY OT: Nearly an year ago for a short time used IPCop-distro (router &
4 > firewall). Yesterday saw that there is a new version-1.4.0, interesting
5 > is that it now includes SSP & libsafe and is build on base of LFS. More
6 > and more distros are using some security instruments
7
8 > (Adamantix,
9 Adamantix was the first distribution ever to use a etdyn-ssp setup. We
10 followed suit shortly after. Then RH must of saw what we (Adamantix &
11 Gentoo) were doing and added support to glibc/gcc/binutils via Scrt1.S
12 and called it PIE. As usual without giving anybody the slightest bit of
13 credit.
14
15 Currently a few of us are lending a hand over at debian to help guide
16 them in making a transition towards pie/ssp.
17 http://d-sbd.alioth.debian.org
21 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
22 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer