From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] arts-1.3.0_grsec2_compile problem
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:23:37
1 On нд, 2004-10-03 at 19:50, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
2 > > > oh, ssp and c++... i guess we know of a bug in there already, i'm trying it
3 > > > with ssp now and see if i can reproduce it/find the cause. in any case, one
4 > > > more example for Etoh to look at.
5 > >
6 > > If I remember correctly this was a .cpp file which uses inline asm that
7 > > is/was only used once during the compile time (perhaps to create some .h
8 > > file) and never gets installed. My guess is that it's triggered by the
9 > > -all. Wish I could stay and play but gotta run.
10 >
11 > well, i tried it with CFLAGS=-fstack-protector-all and gcc 3.3.4-r2 and
12 > it compiled properly... so could it be ssp and gcc 3.4 that don't work?
15 > --
16 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
17 >
18 Hi All,
19 Thanks very much for the info and resources.
20 Things are quite clear now. Going to apply the patch.
21 Yes maybe this has something to do with GCC-3.4.x, as if i remember
22 correctly didn't have such problems with GCC-3.3.4 before. Started
23 having problems somewhere in time after emerging GCC-3.4. Removed KDE
24 (minus QT) and mplayer broke because of it had arts USE-flag etc.
25 PS: maybe that why i haven't looked in Bugzilla (till now hadn't a
26 single problem).
27 VERY OT: Nearly an year ago for a short time used IPCop-distro (router &
28 firewall). Yesterday saw that there is a new version-1.4.0, interesting
29 is that it now includes SSP & libsafe and is build on base of LFS. More
30 and more distros are using some security instruments (Adamantix,
31 Devil-linux, etc).
32 Rumen