From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux userspace patches in hardened-dev?
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 10:10:16
1 On Wed, 6 Aug 2014 11:50:35 +0200
2 Amadeusz Sławiński <amade@××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 12:47:32 +0000
5 > Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hi all
8 > >
9 > > Is it ok if I create a branch in the hardened-dev repo (called
10 > > "selinux-userland") which contains the patches for the various
11 > > SELinux userland packages we maintain?
12 > >
13 > > Or would you prefer a different way to centrally manage the patches
14 > > (they sometimes become too large to be put in the ${FILESDIR} so I
15 > > moved towards a patchbundle)?
16 > >
17 > > Wkr,
18 > > Sven Vermeulen
21 > Are these only patches or packages?
22 > If only patches I think it's better to put them in separate
23 > repository. Mainly because hardened-dev is used for portage tree
24 > stuff and some other parts of hardened (proj/hardened-gccpatchset.git
25 > proj/hardened-patchset.git) keep patches separately.
26 > Perhaps hardened-selinuxpatchset?
27 >
28 > Amadeusz
32 I'd rather not have to keep track of yet another repository. What's
33 wrong with a branch? Using "git checkout --orphan newbranch", one can
34 create completely independent branches.
37 Regards,
38 Luis ressel