From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: Christian Heim <phreak@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mySQL twice as slow on hardened (grsec) sources?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:09:43
1 On Thursday 19 July 2007 10:59:22 Christian Heim wrote:
2 > On Thursday 19 July 2007 10:14:06 Christian Parpart wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > I just migrated a standard gentoo/linux to a hardened profile including
6 > > hardened-sources with grsecurity enabled and PaX-disabled.
7 > >
8 > > Well, it is basically used as a mySQL server, however, we do a biig sql
9 > > db import once a week to operate on it. the import took about 12 hours.
10 > > but now, using the hardened sourced and the hardened profile built system
11 > > it really taked about 24+ hours.
12 > >
13 > > this really confuses me. can it be because of the extra validations the
14 > > kernel-/userspace has to perform?
15 > >
16 > > mysqld still ran at 100%, before the hardened migration and after.
17 >
18 > Which mysql version is that ? iirc mysql-5.0.34 had a fix for that, but you
19 > might wanna talk to wschlich since he reported the thing and it got fixed
20 > with the next upstream release.
21
22 it is mysql-5.0.42 with {berkdb, big-tables, extraengine, ssl} use-flags
23 enabled.
24
25 i'm going into this a little deeper on saturday, i hope i'll find a solution
26 soon.
27
28 so thanks for you reply so far,
29 Christian Parpart.