From: Christian Heim <phreak@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mySQL twice as slow on hardened (grsec) sources?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:01:32
1 On Thursday 19 July 2007 10:14:06 Christian Parpart wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I just migrated a standard gentoo/linux to a hardened profile including
5 > hardened-sources with grsecurity enabled and PaX-disabled.
6 >
7 > Well, it is basically used as a mySQL server, however, we do a biig sql db
8 > import once a week to operate on it. the import took about 12 hours.
9 > but now, using the hardened sourced and the hardened profile built system
10 > it really taked about 24+ hours.
11 >
12 > this really confuses me. can it be because of the extra validations the
13 > kernel-/userspace has to perform?
14 >
15 > mysqld still ran at 100%, before the hardened migration and after.
16
17 Which mysql version is that ? iirc mysql-5.0.34 had a fix for that, but you
18 might wanna talk to wschlich since he reported the thing and it got fixed
19 with the next upstream release.
20
21 Regards,
22
23 Christian
26 Christian Heim <phreak at gentoo.org>
27 GPG key ID: 9A9F68E6
28 Fingerprint: AEC4 87B8 32B8 4922 B3A9 DF79 CAE3 556F 9A9F 68E6