From: John Huttley <John@×××××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] no /etc/security/selinux
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:23:12
1 I've just disovered that I'm getting an error emerging
2 selinux-base-policy post-install,
3
4 Inserting base module into strict module store.
5
6 libsemanage.semanage_install_active: Could not copy
7 /etc/selinux/strict/modules/active/policy.kern to
8 /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.21
11 not surprising since /etc/selinux/strict/modules/active/policy.kern
12 does not exist.
13
14 I've tried booting a non-selinux kernel and get the same error.
15
16 --john
17
18 John Huttley wrote:
19 > Thanks to Petre and Krzysztof who pointed me to
20 >
21 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml?part=3&chap=2
24 > However this isn't relevant.
25 > All of that page assumes that /etc/security/selinux is there. It is not.
26 >
27 > the command semodule -B
28 >
29 > says SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed.
30 >
31 > the profile is definately profiles/selinux/amd64/2006.1
34 > I have done an emerge -s policy looking for something I have missed,
35 > but can't see anything.
36 >
37 > selinux-base-policy-20070329 is emerged and a epm -ql does not show
38 > anything to do with /etc/security
41 > Any ideas?
42 >
43 > Regards,
44 >
45 > john
46 >
47 >> John Huttley wrote:
48 >>
49 >>> However I don't have a /etc/security/selinux directory
50 >>> I have a /etc/selinux directory but there are no makefiles there.
51 >>>
52 >> You have emerged 20070329 policy ("managed policy")? If yes then it is OK. Check:
53 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml?part=3&chap=2
54 >> where you can find commands and short HOWTO for "managed policy".
59 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list