From: "Javier J. Martínez Cabezón" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Which hardened kernel feature disables wine?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:42:17
1 PaX tells you something?
2
3 2009/1/13 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>:
4 > I'm using the grsecurity "Gentoo (workstation)" setting in my hardened
5 > kernel, but trying to use wine I get this:
6 >
7 > err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
8 > err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
9 > err:module:attach_process_dlls "KERNEL32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
10 > err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
11 > L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe" failed, status c0000005
12 >
13 > If I remove grsecurity from the kernel, wine works fine. Does anyone
14 > know how to fix this or which grsecurity option I can disable to
15 > enable wine?
16 >
17 > - Grant