From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] overlapped windows in x
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:38:22
1 That could very well depend on your window manager and GUI of choice.
2 I use Gnome 2.28 with a hardened profile on x86. I don't have the problem
3 you've described. However the whole system is a bit slower with PIE-SSP
4 enabled binaries and active RBAC system compared to a non-hardened
5 userland-kernel combo. The only application where it was disturbing for me
6 is OpenOffice, where the audience should wait more while changing slides.
7 So I don't use it for presentations. Otherwise I opt for security over
8 speed - where I can make a choice.
9
10 Regards:
11 Dw.
12 --
13 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057, 06-30-5962-962
14 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057, +36-30-5962-962
15