From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] overlapped windows in x
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:02:22
1 On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 09:36, "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu> wrote:
2 > That could very well depend on your window manager and GUI of choice.
3 > I use Gnome 2.28 with a hardened profile on x86. I don't have the problem
4 > you've described.
5
6 Ditto - hardened profile on x86 with XFCE, and no such issue. How
7 much memory do you have? I'm running on a relatively low/slow system
8 (Celeron 1.4GHz /512MB/Radeon Mobility L6), but it sounds like you've
9 got some serious slowdown in one of the major components (memory or
10 graphics likely). That said, I _have_ turned off memory scrubbing on
11 this particular system due to its relative slowness, but never
12 experienced artifacts like you're describing.
15 RB