From: "Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] New Server, considering hardened, need pointers to tfm...
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:29:26
1 when perl is executed as interpretation (perl mynastyscript) it
2 changes his role to perl_role
3
4 perl role has only the rights to open scripts marked as trusted, if
5 the script is trusted, read is permitted and a change of role happens
6 to user role is done. If it's not trusted, then perl can only do what
7 perl_r do (mapping standard libraries), perl_r can map libperl.so, it
8 can write the code this library permits. He shall rewrite the wheel
9 too many times.
10
11 Maybe I could make checks forbidding this library mapping and granting
12 only when transition is done (so when is clear that the script is
13 trusted). I shall check it.