From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-sources-3.2.11 + i965 + x.org: possible regression
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 21:02:54
1 On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM, RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I don't like submitting bugs without having already determiend the
3 > root cause, but I might have to make an exception in this case.
4
5 Hi, you might want to try booting Liberté Linux 2011.2 for an
6 independent verification, since it uses hardened kernel 3.2.11, and is
7 very homogeneous (i.e., everything is built with the same hardened
8 gcc, there are no PaX markings (except /bin/fuser, of course, #394443,
9 *cough*), etc.). Add "root" to the kernel parameters to enable root
10 password: "liberte". Logging is done with metalog, so the logs are in
11 /var/log/everything. Kernel config:
12 https://github.com/mkdesu/liberte/blob/2012.1/src/root/config/linux-3.2.11-hardened.config.
13 Most of the packages are latest stable x86 (no amd64 build),
14 xf86-video-intel is 2.17.0-r3. See http://dee.su/liberte and
15 http://dee.su/liberte-install, you only need ~200 MiB free space on a
16 USB key. FWIW, I did not receive any report about issues with Intel
17 video cards so far.
20 Maxim Kammerer
21 Liberté Linux (discussion / support: http://dee.su/liberte-contribute)