From: basile <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Patching hardened-sources
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:00:38
1 Shinkan wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I want to patch hardened-sources to make them really hardened, because it's
5 > ROFL shit.
6 > Just kidding... sorry.
7 >
8 > Seriously, I would like to patch hardened-sources with just one patch.
9 > I want to make it clean, so I think I would :
10 > cp sys-kernel/hardened-sources to /usr/local/portage/ and set this dir as my
11 > portage overlay in /etc/make.conf.
12 > cp latest hardened-sources ebuild, in my portage overlay, and modify it so
13 > that its name as a more recent -r number, and that it'll apply my patch.
14 >
15 > The problem is that I'm new to ebuild. I get the philosophy globally, but I
16 > noticed by reading an hardened-sources ebuild that it's different.
17 > How can I proceed to just tell by ebuild to add a patch to the kernel ?
18 >
19 > Many thanks in advance for all your wisdom.
22 You could do it by modifying the ebuild and having it doiwnload the
23 patch and apply it automatically, but an easier way if you have just one
24 patch is to do it manually. When the hardened kernel is emerged, its
25 source is unpacked to /usr/src/linux-2.6.28-r9 with a symbolic link
26 /usr/src/linux pointing to it. Before compiling, apply the patch
27 manually there.
31 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
32 Chair of Information Technology
33 D'Youville College