From: "Daniel Cegiełka" <daniel.cegielka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Technical repercussions of grsecurity removal
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 15:56:55
1 2017-05-02 17:28 GMT+02:00 Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>:
2 > On Mon, 1 May 2017 09:38:43 +0000
3 > Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> The obvious step is indeed to stop further *current* development on
6 >> hardened-sources. I don't know how many additional patchsets are being
7 >> implemented in it (blueness? Zorry?) so I don't know if it means that
8 >> hardened-sources in total is done with or not.
9 >
10 > All patches in our current patchset
11 > (hardened-patches-4.9.24-1.extras.tar.bz2) are grsec-related. Most of
12 > them don't even touch the kernel code, but only the Kconfig's. So
13 > unless we manage to maintain PaX, we can indeed kiss hardened-sources
14 > goodbye.
15
16 and, of course :)
17
18 grep -r -e paxmark -e pax_kernel /usr/portage/