From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mono fails to build with a hardened error
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:56:37
1 >> Do I really need to disable all hardened features whenever I want to
2 >> emerge mono?
3 >>
4 >> * If you are using any hardening features such as
5 >> * PIE+SSP/SELinux/grsec/PAX then most probably this is the reason
6 >> * why build has failed. In this case turn any active security
7 >> * enhancements off and try emerging the package again
8 >>
9 >> - Grant
10 >
11 > If you've enabled PAX_SOFTMODE in your kernel config you can simply turn on
12 > softmode temporarily:
13 >
14 > echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/pax/softmode
15 > compile mono
16 > echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/pax/softmode
17 >
18 > fwiw mono tends to only get new stable-marked packages every 6 months or so.
19 >
20 > Gordon Malm (gengor)
21
22 Worked perfectly, thank you.