From: Gordon Malm <gengor@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mono fails to build with a hardened error
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:23:53
1 On Thursday, February 12, 2009 14:18:34 Grant wrote:
2 > Do I really need to disable all hardened features whenever I want to
3 > emerge mono?
4 >
5 > * If you are using any hardening features such as
6 > * PIE+SSP/SELinux/grsec/PAX then most probably this is the reason
7 > * why build has failed. In this case turn any active security
8 > * enhancements off and try emerging the package again
9 >
10 > - Grant
11
12 If you've enabled PAX_SOFTMODE in your kernel config you can simply turn on
13 softmode temporarily:
14
15 echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/pax/softmode
16 compile mono
17 echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/pax/softmode
18
19 fwiw mono tends to only get new stable-marked packages every 6 months or so.
20
21 Gordon Malm (gengor)