From: antoine <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] selinux & udev
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:17:13
1 Hi,
2
3 I've got a system which I am migrating to use selinux, so I had to
4 switch to udev. I followed all the instructions, rebooted, udevd is
5 running but /dev is mounted as ramfs (which does not support labelling
6 AFAIK) instead of tmpfs. I tried to find where it is being mounted, but
7 that isn't very clear (not in fstab, not in /etc/rc). Is it part
8 of /sbin/init now?
9 How do I switch to tmpfs for /dev?
10 (obviously, I rebuilt a kernel with devfs not mounted automatically -
11 would devfs show up as ramfs anyway?)
12
13 A lot of the services are chrooted at the moment, I ended up having to
14 change a lot of the .fc files to add "(/chroot/[myservice])?" in front
15 of the file definitions. Is there any reason not to have this merged?
16 (I know the benefit of having chroot is moot when you have selinux
17 enabled - but when you're in between...)
18
19 Portage triggers some policy violations that would be fixed by:
20 allow portage_fetch_t portage_tmp_t:dir search;
21 allow portage_fetch_t portage_tmp_t:file { getattr read };
22 allow portage_t tmpfs_t:filesystem getattr;
23 Am i the only one seeing this? I see no reason not to merge them into
24 portage.te.
25
26 I've noticed that a lot of the services which can be used with a mysql
27 backend (ie: spamd, postfix, etc) do not include policy for this since
28 it is a package option (+mysql). Is there any way we can have this
29 included in the .te files but conditional?
30 Not necessarily using an "ifdef(`mysqld.te', `" (which would include it
31 as soon as mysql is installed) but maybe a combination of the above + a
32 flag?
33
34 Is there any interest in merging the policies I have started building?
35 Using mainly audit2allow (and a bit of thinking, and retro-fitting the
36 macros which is the hard part), I have made policies for: amavis,
37 setiathome, mdadm, saslauth, java, tomcat, fetchmail, psad, etc.
40 Thanks
41 Antoine
45 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list