From: Jukka Palko <jpalko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Gcc4.1.1 with hardened
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:50:27
1 Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:24:24 +0100
3 > Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi, this is a repeat of my question from the previous thread, but I
6 >> guess it makes sense to start a new thread.
7 >>
8 >> What are the implications of taking a 2006.1 stage3 (ie gcc 4.1.1)
9 >> turning on the hardened flags and running "emerge -e world"? Is gcc
10 >> 4.1.1 supported to any extent at all with the hardened USE flag?
11 >
12 > If you want to set USE=hardened, you should switch the profile (I've
13 > probably said this before!) to one of the hardened profiles rather
14 > than just editing /etc/make.conf. In the hardened profiles (but not
15 > the selinux profiles) you'll find that gcc-4.x is masked, along with
16 > gcc-2.4.
17
18 About the SELinux 2005.1 profile, dare I upgrade my SELinux install to
19 use gcc 4.1.1 and glibc 2.4?
22 Jukka Palko jpalko@×××××.com
23 --
24 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list