From: "Jean-François Maeyhieux" <b4b1@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Tips for upgrading to the current stable gentoo hardened?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:35:59
1 Hi !
2
3 another "hardcore" solution could be to create a chroot fresh
4 installation whithin you import your system's preferences:
5
6 - Create directory
7 - Untar last hardened stage 3
8 - Copy your /etc in the chroot
9 - Copy your world file in the chroot
10 - Copy any kind of data or local aplication to your chroot
11 - chroot and update your system
12 - when things is done, test it
13 - wipe your old gentoo and move your chrooted one on /
16 that's "hardcore" but permit me several times to ressucite a old gentoo
17 system.
18
19 IF you can't do it, the normal way is:
20
21 - Recompile your toolchain by compiling twice this ports:
22 virtual/portage virtual/os-headers sys-libs/glibc sys-devel/binutils-config sys-devel/binutils sys-devel/gcc-config
23 (don't forget to switch your gcc on the way and to clean your ccache if you use it)
24 - Recompile your system (emerge -Davut system)
25 - Finally recompile your world.
28 TIPS: use of revdep-rebuild and lafilefixer could help on the way...
31 Hoping that could help you to update your old gentoo.