From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Update on SELinux eclass to support different git repo or branch
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 08:30:39
1 Hi all
2
3 Our live sec-policy/selinux-* packages (the ones with the -9999 version)
4 have been using our git repository for some time. Although users could
5 always override these with packagename_LIVE_REPO, it meant that they had to
6 generate such variables for each and every sec-policy/ package out there.
7
8 As that is a big nuisance (and you should also not forget to substitute "-"
9 with "_" in that case) I added two more variables in the SELinux eclass to
10 make this a lot simpler:
11
12 SELINUX_GIT_REPO can now point to a different repo set if you want
13 SELINUX_GIT_BRANCH can be used to pull in a different branch (default is
14 master)
15
16 The first one (SELINUX_GIT_REPO) allows users to use their own SELinux
17 policy repository with the live ebuilds, rather than having to use ours (or
18 do some cludgy things to get their own policies to be loaded). All that we
19 require is that the repository is still a reference policy clone.
20
21 The second one (SELINUX_GIT_BRANCH) allows users to pick a different branch.
22 This can be interesting when we're doing larger updates on the SELinux
23 policies with wider testing (or in between developers).
24
25 The changes are fully backwards compatible and do not affect users not using
26 the -9999 ebuilds.
27
28 Wkr,
29 Sven Vermeulen