From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] xattr/acl/cap
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 03:02:16
1 On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:46 AM, Anthony G. Basile
2 <basile@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 > Okay this is where I have to redirect you because I'm not aware of this
4 > particular issue, ie why consolekit needs tmpfs posix acls.
5
6 If I am not mistaken, ConsoleKit uses ACLs to grant the currently
7 active user access to various /dev nodes. E.g., with ConsoleKit you
8 don't need to put users into "video", "audio" and "cdrom" groups
9 anymore (corresponding to v4l, sound, and dvd/cdrom devices), so
10 access permissions are more fine-grained and based on need.
13 Maxim Kammerer
14 Liberté Linux (discussion / support: http://dee.su/liberte-contribute)