From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: Tom Hendrikx <tom@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux 2004.0 bootstrap fails
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:51:26
1 The person on the forums was right, the issue was that you made /var/tmp
2 a tmpfs filesystem which doesn't support labeling, since portage
3 labels everything in /var/tmp first and then moves it to the filesystem
4 it was bailing when the labeling failed.
5
6 Joshua Brindle
7
8 Tom Hendrikx wrote:
9
10 > Hi,
11 >
12 > I'm trying to install Gentoo SELinux today, but there is a little problem
13 > using multiple partitions. When installing on more than 1 partition,
14 > merging gettext (the first emerged package after portage) during
15 > bootstrap fails when portage wants to set the SELinux security labels.
16 >
17 > After some chitchat on the forums, I retried bootstrapping using only 1
18 > partition, and it seems to work (bootstrapping in progress but not
19 > bailing out). Is there some explanation to this? I still would like to use
20 > multiple partitions...
21 >
22 > I wrote a lot of information about the install in my posts on the forums:
23 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=160133
24 >
25 > Regards,
26 > Tom