From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] KVM & Gentoo Hardened
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:48:19
1 On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 09:07, Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
2 > RB schrieb:
3 > I have KVM + hardened toolchain + hardened-sources running without problems for a longer time now.
4 > Probably the main differences:
5 > -I am using the experimental hardened toolchain overlay from Zorry and xake.
6 > -I am using the in-kernel kvm-modules instead of those provided by kvm (compiled in, not as module).
7
8 The only real difference, then, is the toolchain - I'm running the
9 ~amd64 (hardened) gcc-4.3.2-r2 from the main tree and the
10 hardened/linux/amd64/2008.0/server profile on the latest (2.6.27-r3)
11 hardened-sources.
12
13 Can anyone elucidate the difference between the Zorry/xake toolchain
14 and the one Solar was working on last month?
17 RB