From: Shaochun Wang <scwang@××××××.cn>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Does strict policy work?
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:11:59
1 Now I changed to targeted policy, and it seems more easy to tame than
2 strict policy. Becuase I use LVM to manage my disk and the
3 filesystem's root is on an LVM partition, I need to use initramfs to
4 make the kernel to recognize my root partiton. Without SELinux
5 enforcing, everything works; but with it, system hangs with the
6 following message:
7
8 * Filesystem couldn't be fixed :(
9 Give root password for maintenance
10 ...
11
12 After giving the root password, I got a shell. Executing df command, I
13 found my root is mounted on two devices:
14
15 Filesystem ... Mounted on
16 rootfs /
17 /dev/vg0/slash /
18
19 I use busybox in my initramfs. The initramfs of my system can be
20 downloaded from http://lcs.ios.ac.cn/~scwang/docs/initramfs.tar.gz
21
22 Any help on initramfs with SELinux support?
23
24 BTW, it seems that SELinux support of Gentoo is dying!
25