From: Jon Howard <gentoo@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Will perl or php scripts run in enforcing mode in the hardened gentoo environment "out of the box?"
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:38:32
1 Hello,
2 I have a Gentoo SE system up and running as per the handbook(X86),
3 but I cannot get apache to execute cgi's in enforcing mode(the test ones
4 that come with apache). The scripts do work in permissive. Before I
5 got started in examing the apache.te file, I was wondering if I might
6 have an apache configuration issue. I guess the first question that I
7 have is whether perl or php scripts run in enforcing mode in the
8 hardened gentoo environment "out of the box?" I installed the perl and
9 php mods for apache, and changed the startup to include the -D option
10 for these, but in studying the SE model, I was afraid that some other
11 method for executing scripts might be in play. I removed the mods from
12 the -D statup option, but I am still getting the same results. So, will
13 it or won't it is my question.
14 Thanks,
15 Jon Howard
19 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list