From: petre rodan <kaiowas@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Will perl or php scripts run in enforcing mode in the hardened gentoo environment "out of the box?"
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:58:34
1 I did reply to your question a few hours back :/
2
3 Jon Howard wrote:
4 > Hello,
5 > I have a Gentoo SE system up and running as per the handbook(X86),
6 > but I cannot get apache to execute cgi's in enforcing mode(the test ones
7 > that come with apache). The scripts do work in permissive. Before I
8 > got started in examing the apache.te file, I was wondering if I might
9 > have an apache configuration issue. I guess the first question that I
10 > have is whether perl or php scripts run in enforcing mode in the
11 > hardened gentoo environment "out of the box?" I installed the perl and
12 > php mods for apache, and changed the startup to include the -D option
13 > for these, but in studying the SE model, I was afraid that some other
14 > method for executing scripts might be in play. I removed the mods from
15 > the -D statup option, but I am still getting the same results. So, will
16 > it or won't it is my question.
17
18 won't is the short answer. the long answer has been in your inbox when you wrote to the list.
19 the short conclusion is that some cgi scripts need a kitchen sink to be allowed. it's up to the user to allow it or not.
20
21 > Thanks,
22 > Jon Howard
26 petre rodan