From: "Dariem Pérez Herrera" <dariemp@×××.cu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Virtualbox-OSE PIE/PIC support
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:00:48
1 El 27/01/10 13:39, basile escribió:
2 > Hi Dariem:
3 >
4 > Interesting! There seems to be a trend of IT professors using hardened
5 > to build distros. You might be interested in what we did with hardened ->
6 >
7 > http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat
8 >
9 > Anyhow our early work was done on VMWare which worked fine. I don't
10 > know if thats an option for you.
13 Hi Basile:
14 I've already heard about your project. I'll be looking at it soon (right
15 now I'm quite busy). Our goal is not as ambitious as yours. We just want
16 to have an usable but secure enough server. Let's hope we all can help
17 each other.
18 About WMware, I think there are some issues with the license -- I don't
19 know exactly which ones. So we stick with Virtualbox-OSE, which we want
20 to have working on hardened Gentoo itself, with all the security enabled.
24 Lic. Dariem Pérez Herrera
25 Profesor de Programación, Facultad X
26 Desarrollador de Nova GNU/Linux
27 Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas, Cuba