From: basile <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Virtualbox-OSE PIE/PIC support
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:40:47
1 Dariem Pérez Herrera wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I'm new in this list. Let me introduce myself: my name is Dariem, and
4 > I'm part of a team that is trying to create a distro based on project
5 > Gentoo Hardened. We want to collaborate with you in everything we can.
6 > My first email will be about Virtualbox-OSE. I would like to know if
7 > there is any patch I can use to fix the problem with the inline asm
8 > using ebx register, but if it doesn't exist, I can try to create it
9 > myself and share it with you, I just don't want to duplicate efforts.
10 > Can you tell me what is the status of this issue?
11 >
12 > best regards,
13 >
14 > Dariem
17 Hi Dariem:
18
19 Interesting! There seems to be a trend of IT professors using hardened
20 to build distros. You might be interested in what we did with hardened ->
21
22 http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat
23
24 Anyhow our early work was done on VMWare which worked fine. I don't
25 know if thats an option for you.
29 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
30 Chair of Information Technology
31 D'Youville College