From: Andreas Tasch <ta_list@×××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Downgrading glibc
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:15:58
1 7v5w7go9ub0o schrieb:
2 > I went through the gcc upgrade and discovered that ssp no longer works
3 > (suppose it was documented somewhere - but I missed it)
4 >
5 > So I'm trying to reverse the upgrade process (this time using using a
6 > hardened profile) and glibc won't allow me to downgrade.
7 >
8 > How do I get around this, please?
9 >
10 > I've considered hacking the script/size/md5 tests, but would prefer to
11 > do it the proper way.
12 >
13 > TIA
14 > --gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
15
16 Hi,
17
18 did you upgrade to gcc-4.1? If yes you may not use the hardened profile
19 but the hardened use flag. gcc-4.1 is not yet supported by the hardened
20 profile. AFAIK
21
22 View your current profile
23 ls -l /etc/make.profile
24
25 How to switch to the hardened profile
26 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/hardenedfaq.xml#hardenedprofile
27
28 [OT] Note for the doc devs
29 By reading some lists for a while now it seems that there are many
30 people out there which followed the hardened tutorial. The problem is
31 that you do not mention that users have to switch to the hardened
32 profile. I only found this in the FAQ.
33 I also followed the hardened tutorial and thought I am using it but I
34 only had the hardened use flag and a hardened kernel with grsec and pax
35 enabled. Nothing more. Maybe it is possible to add some information
36 about how to really switch to the hardened profile in the tutorial.
37
38 HTH
39 ndee
40 --