From: "Mikhail P." <miha@×××××.org>
To: "Tóth Attila" <dwokfur@×××××××.hu>, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Tikiwiki temporary files in / !
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:49:17
1 On Monday 26 July 2004 12:25, Tóth Attila wrote:
2 > I suspect multiple problems here. Firstly: why apache run under root, if I
3 > set it to apache:apache, secondly: why it tries to create directories in
4 > /?In addition - to make this issue more complicated - the learned acl rules
5 > show, that apache2 tries to create these damned files only as apache, not
6 > as root (it is listed only in the apache role not in the root role).
7 > Please share your ideas and suggestions.
8 >
9 > Thx,
10 > Dw.
11
12 I can't answer your question regarding files in "/" as I never saw such
13 behavior (should note that I'm not apache2 user either).
14 As for apache running as "root" - that's parent process of apache which then
15 forks children that run as apache:apache. So you will always see one instance
16 of apache running as "root", unless of course you start apache under
17 different name.
18
19 regards,
20 M.