From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: GPL stuff with binary modules - FSF ruling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:01:06
1 On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 14:26 +0300, Alex Efros wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 01:08:10PM +0200, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
5 > > > Heads up to nvidia users... If you use nvidia-glx and a hardened profile
6 > > > it's going to be package.masked
7 > > does it have to be that drastic? how about CONFIG_CHECK="~PAX_NOELFRELOCS"
8 > > in the ebuilds?
11 > But, as far as I understand, it isn't "that drastic" because user can just
12 > unmask nvidia drivers and continue using both hardened and nvidia drivers..?
13
14 That's fine. You can do what you want with your local system. Key thing
15 from our perspective is that we officially do not support it and from
16 this point on can tell users to buzz off when filing bug reports about
17 things we are powerless to fix.
21 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
22 Gentoo Linux
25 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list