From: Richard Hansen <gentoo-a7x@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: 'Mike Frysinger' <vapier@g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-hardened] SSP + setjmp() = badness?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:58:14
1 Mike Frysinger <mailto:vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Saturday 29 July 2006 17:37, Richard Hansen wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to figure out a bug in Ethereal/Wireshark that appears only
4 >> when it is compiled with a gcc profile that has SSP turned on.
5 >
6 > dont waste your time on gcc-3.x
7 >
8 > if wireshark still shits the bed with gcc-4.1.1 + SSP, then file a new
9 > bug in our bugzilla and assign it to the toolchain team
10 > -mike
11
12 Poking at the problem more revealed that it isn't setjmp() that's causing the problem -- gcc is simply generating garbage. It's definitely not worth pursuing at this point since a fix would probably require too much effort.
13
14 Thank you all for your assistance.
15
16 Richard