From: Alain Toussaint <alain.toussaint@××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-hardened] permission problem in /etc
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 01:13:18
1 <<<<<<<
2 Using rlpkg -a -r should work, but only as long as the domain you run in has
3 the privileges to relabel to begin with. Most of the time, if no label is
4 set, it means that the system was once set up without SELinux running and
5 "rlpkg -a -r" hasn't been ran since.
6
7 My best bet here would be to boot in permissive mode, relabel the system,
8 and then reboot in enforcing again.
9 >>>>>>
10
11 I did that. I rebooted into permissive mode, ran rlpkg -a -r and rebooted
12 into enforcing mode. The result were the same under root and I've tried with
13 my sysadm_r user but in the sysadm_r user, I could see all the permission in
14 /etc but trying to start some dovecot failed because dovecot didn't had
15 permission to access the /etc/dovecot directory.
16
17 Alain