From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] permission problem in /etc
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:37:47
1 On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 04:18:12PM -0500, Alain Toussaint wrote:
2 > While troubleshooting my server in enforcing mode, I have come
3 > across many files and directory in /etc which are not labelled and thus, I
4 > am getting permission denied while using the root account:
5 [...]
6
7 Using rlpkg -a -r should work, but only as long as the domain you run in has
8 the privileges to relabel to begin with. Most of the time, if no label is
9 set, it means that the system was once set up without SELinux running and
10 "rlpkg -a -r" hasn't been ran since.
11
12 My best bet here would be to boot in permissive mode, relabel the system,
13 and then reboot in enforcing again.
14
15 Wkr,
16 Sven Vermeulen