From: Bill McCarty <bmccarty@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] su command
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:14:46
1 Hi all,
2
3 I recently set up SELinux under Gentoo and find that SELinux is prohibiting
4 ordinary users from running su. Is this intentional? Since I generally
5 prohibit root logins via SSH, access to su is important to me; I cannot
6 otherwise administer the system remotely.
7
8 I'm using pam-0.77, which is the version that I understand to be
9 SELinux-compliant. The users have context user_u:user_r:user_t and the su
10 executable has context system_u:object_r:su_exec_t. Where else might I look
11 for a possible error in my configuration?
12
13 The possibility that makes me most anxious is that I may have too recent a
14 version of some ebuild that should be security-aware. I find setting
15 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" a bit scary <g>. Is there a list of known good
16 ebuild versions, or should I check the Changelog of each ebuild?
17
18 Thanks for any suggestions!
19
20 Cheers,