From: Apple Apple <djjdjdjdjdjdjd32@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] The state of grsecurity in gentoo
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 20:13:05
1 On 4 Sep 2015 13:38, "Marc Schiffbauer" <mschiff@g.o> wrote:
2 > Yes, but the point I was trying to make is: Such a customer can make the
3 > sources available to the public.
4
5 The software industry is full of hypocrisies like this. Yes it is true that
6 a company cannot legally stop a customer from releasing GPLed code; in
7 reality they just use other threats to get what they want. For example, if
8 you release code today, we will not give you the update tomorrow, or if you
9 have a problem we don't answer the phone or you want to renew your contract
10 next year? Sorry it costs 2x now. Etc.