From: Justin Heesemann <jh@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] ACL, WOLK, systrace, grsecurity
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:40:31
1 On Sunday 23 March 2003 22:47, Gavin Vess wrote:
2 > Justin wrote:
3 > > Blurb: The one time I tried SELinux (which isn't ment to be the last
4 > > time) I found it extremly difficult, complex and by no means comfortable.
5 > > But I'm sure some of you got better results than I did.
6 >
7 > Hmm .. I've seen similar opinions posted in various places on the web ..
8 > easy to find using Google.
9 >
10 > Anyway, the WOLK kernel (also in the Gentoo portage tree) has integrated
11 > grsecurity, systrace, and several other interesting packages. Are we
12 > duplicating effort? http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=238622
13 > http://stable.gentoo.org/browse?type=versions&category=sys-kernel&package=w
14 >olk-sources
17 I am using WOLK and I'm really happy with it. It's activly developed by a
18 small community (and I sent a patch to mcp for systrace 1.1, as WOLK up to
19 4.0s-rc3 only supported systrace 1.0)
22 Mit internetten Grüßen / Best Regards
24 Justin Heesemann ionium Technologies
25 jh@××××××.org www.ionium.org
29 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list