From: "Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened profile for desktops?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 06:02:18
1 On 11/06/12 04:26, Jens Kasten wrote:
4 > Am 2012-06-08 22:32, schrieb Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón:
5 >> On 08/06/12 21:40, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
6 >>> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 16:06:37 +0300
7 >>> Alex Efros wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>> Actually, I see no reasons to NOT use hardened on desktops.
10 >>>
11 >>> Maybe many more would if there was an easy and quick to install and
12 >>> maintain compiled distro. More users more compatibility too, I'd guess.
13 >>>
14 >>> Not suggesting there should be, just stating a reality.
15 >>>
16 >>> Anyone know why hardened debian and was it adamantix died off?
17 >>>
18 >>
19 >> Hardened debian had to change their name by adamantix because debian
20 >> forbid the use of his name.
21 >> It dissapeared because hardened gentoo appeared, and one distro
22 >> maintained by one user (Peter Busser) is a hard and crazy task.
23 >
24 > Hmm because gentoo hardened? I am not sure about that.
25 > Adamantix was RSBAC specific not grsecurity or SELinux.
26 > I switch to gentoo hardened after adamantix was not maintained anymore.
29 Hi Jens, Yes, I'm sure, the main goal of adamantix was to create a
30 distribution with PIE and SSP to use over a rsbac kernel, goal that made
31 hardened gentoo later.
32
33 At the beginning rsbac was supported in gentoo and maintained by Kang.