From: Thomas Bleher <bleher@×××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Coming back to the fold
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 05:49:01
1 * Dale Pontius <DEPontius@××××××.net> [2006-05-05 03:25]:
2 > 2: I've had a very bad time getting avc warnings - to the point that I'm
3 > not sure I've ever gotten any, after booting native. Part of the problem
4 > was the way I partitioned, and had /var be a symlink. But that's fixed
5 > now, I've done the relabel, and still no warnings. A few months back I
6 > juggled the partitioning, did another relabel, and still no warnings.
7 > I'm not really sure where to start debugging this one.
8
9 SELinux needs the audit kernel subsystem to generate avc messages. Did
10 you disable CONFIG_AUDIT by any chance?
11
12 Thomas
13
14 PS: You can also enable CONFIG_AUDIT_SYSCALL, this should give you some
15 more information in case of a avc denial. I think that in newer kernels,
16 SELinux already depends on the audit system.