From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Gentoo Hardened on a Compact Flash or USB Memory Stick
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:40:35
1 sounds like you want knoppix-like thing, knoppix26 supports selinux i
2 think btw
3
4 anyways, this guide may help:
5 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_LiveCD_and_LiveUSB
6
7 On Mon, July 26, 2004 8:28 pm, Gnubie said:
8 > Hello all,
9 >
10 > I'm new to Gentoo and the way I look at it, it's the best distro that
11 > will fit with my plan to make a customize Linux distribution that will
12 > entirely run either on compact flash or USB memory stick.
13 >
14 > Anybody who can point me to the right URL or documentations on how to
15 > customize the Gentoo Hardened and can be installed directly either to
16 > a compact flash or USB memory stick? I already downloaded the
17 > following:
18 >
19 > - livecd-x86-selinux-20040616.iso
20 > - stage1-x86-selinux-pie-ssp-20040611.tar.bz2
21 >
22 > FYI, this is just for my home use and basically for me to
23 > understand/learn how to customize a Linux distribution.
24 >
25 > Thank you in advance.
26 >
27 > Gnubie