From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] flash player plugin
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:21:00
1 * Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com> schrieb:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > 1) if there more than one flash applet on page - only one will work, other
6 > will show gray box; same is true if two websites open in different Opera
7 > tabs, both contain flash applet, and only one of them will work
8 > (maybe this issue related only to Opera, not sure)
9 > 2) some applets (internal flash applications developed in our company)
10 > don't work at all in Opera and immediately crash firefox (these applets
11 > works fine in Windows and non-hardened linux)
12
13 I'm also experiencing regular crashes and hangups w/ flashplugin.
14 It also consumes a *lot* of CPU time makes trouble with audio output.
15
16 Part of it is Adobe's fault, part of it Mozilla's bad plugin handling.
17 Plugins should *not* run within the browser process.
18 I'm currently working trimming down Mozilla and moving out several things
19 to separate server processes. Maybe you'd like to have a look at this:
20
21 * http://oss-qm.metux.de/index.php/Projects/mozmod
22 * http://freebc.metux.de/groups/modzilla/boards
23 * http://freebc.metux.de/groups/9forge/boards
24
25 (BTW: other browsers can also benefit from this project, since the
26 external services are browser agnostic - evrything runs via 9P)
29 For a quick workaround I suggest putting the browser in an sandbox/VZ.
30
31 cu
32 --
34 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
36 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
37 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
38 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
39 http://patches.metux.de/
41 --
42 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list