From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux Gentoo/Hardened amd64 VM
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 18:03:39
1 On 07/01/2012 09:44 AM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I'm working on having SELinux-enabled, Gentoo Hardened VMs available for
5 > people to test things with. If succesfull, I'd also like to see if I can
6 > create some sort of DIY-course on SELinux based on these images (i.e.
7 > documentation based on these VMs with educational questions and tasks for
8 > people to get acquainted with SELinux and Gentoo Hardened).
9 >
10 > But first things first. I've uploaded a first version of such a VM to
11 > dev.gentoo.org. For the developers here on the mailinglist, could some of
12 > you please see if the VM works on your (amd64) system(s)? I always start my
13 > VMs with "-cpu kvm64" so I hope they work on all systems where Qemu supports
14 > the kvm64 CPU type, but still, some confirmation would never hurt.
15 >
16 > Also, the kernel uses paravirtualization to speed things up and I don't know
17 > how it'll react on other systems.
18 >
19 > So, for those willing to help, please fetch a copy from
20 > /space/experimental-local/amd64/qemu-selinux and give my your feedback. I'll
21 > wait for a few (hopefully) succesful runs before I ask infrastructure to
22 > synchronize it with the mirrors to allow users to test it out as well.
23 >
24 > The compressed image is about 157Mbyte and expands to about 1.4 Gbyte
25 > (qcow2 format).
26 >
27 > Wkr,
28 > Sven Vermeulen
31 What is the full command line you used for this? (qemu-system-x86_64...)
34 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)