From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux change history
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 00:02:29
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On 26.05.2012 21:30, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
5 > Hi guys,
6 >
7 > I've made an attempt to document, in a high-level and simple
8 > approach, the changes made to a SELinux installation since a
9 > particular date. This might help users, who have installed SELinux
10 > in the past, to easily see if changes were made that affect their
11 > system.
12 >
13 > For instance, an entry in fstab that is no longer needed, etc.
14 >
15 > These changes often do not warrant a Gentoo News item, but I can
16 > imagine that it is a useful resource for users to visit from time
17 > to time (or when a problem occurs).
18 >
19 > A preview can be found at http://goo.gl/fvymW
20 >
21 > Two questions: - Is it, in your eyes, interesting - If so, is it
22 > best placed at the end of the SELinux Handbook, or kept as a
23 > separate guide (and just documented in the handbook that it
24 > exists)?
25 >
26 > Wkr, Sven Vermeulen
29 Hi,
30
31 first of all I would like to thank you for your work.
32
33 Concernung your questions:
34
35 - - For me it's a grat idea, because it will be far easier to track
36 changes that way
37
38 - - I think it makes sense to place it inside the SELinux Handbook,
39 because then all information would be at one place.
40 I can't see a reason to put it somewhere else, either (If you can't
41 access the handbook, you can't access the "Changelog").
42
43 WKR
44 Hinnerk
45
46 PS: If you didn't notice: the links inside the preview are broken,
47 because they refer to pages at gitweb that doesn't exist. Most likely
48 that will be automatically fixed when you upload it to the right
49 place, but I thought I'd comment on it nonetheless.